Advanced B2B LinkedIn marketing strategies
Compared to marketing for the general public, marketing for business-to-business is quite different.
B2B marketing is a specialized form of marketing that focuses on selling professional services or products to other businesses. It has proven to be an effective method for companies to sell their products and services if it is carried out through an effective marketing network.
In order to sell professional information to other businesses, there are several networks available, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc. Although all of these networks have their own pros and cons, but according to a marketing study, LinkedIn is the most widely used social network with respect to businesses.
To begin, let’s take a look at
What is LinkedIn B2B Marketing and why do the majority of successful businesses rely on it?
LinkedIn is a social networking site that has been around for over 10 years. For many years, LinkedIn was mainly used to share information about professional achievements, but has now evolved into a go-to platform for B2B marketers to find business leads. The platform has over 500 million registered users, which is more than any other professional network in the world. Compared to other social media platforms, LinkedIn offers the highest lead conversion rate.
LinkedIn B2B Marketing has become a staple in modern-day marketing strategies as it provides companies with a medium where they can find prospects, reach out to them without being seen as intrusive, and build customer relationships through brand awareness and storytelling.
B2B marketers rely heavily on LinkedIn because it provides a great opportunity for reaching out to the right audience and developing relationships with other businesses. Having over 500 million users worldwide, LinkedIn is the world’s second largest social networking site with the largest audience on social media.
LinkedIn’s contribution towards business growth
LinkedIn is designed for professionals from all different industries and backgrounds. In order to accomplish this, it provides a variety of professional networking tools, including detailed profiles that include detailed information about individuals’ work histories, past projects, and details about their interests and more.
Due to its more than 200 million monthly active users, LinkedIn’s platform is a highly efficient way of communicating with your target audience and finding potential prospects or clients through targeting specific industries and regions. Increasingly, LinkedIn is becoming a necessary tool for many companies in their efforts to build their brand and connect with potential customers through B2B marketing.
LinkedIn B2B Marketing: Why You Should Do It
According to statistics, 80% of the world’s senior business decision makers are on this platform.
LinkedIn is a social networking tool that is designed specifically to promote business-to-business marketing, which means it has specific features for sharing information and establishing contacts.
Based on the above picture, it is clear that the majority of B2B transactions are conducted through LinkedIn.
With LinkedIn, businesses can network strategically by joining relevant groups, asking relevant questions and reading group discussion posts carefully before commenting back. Companies can establish relationships with professionals they would not normally be able to access as well as see new trends in the industry or get feedback before launching their products.
Advanced B2B LinkedIn marketing strategies
If you plan on marketing on LinkedIn, remember that the LinkedIn audience is very mature and does not react to unnecessary or irrelevant content, so do not implement your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram marketing tactics in this.
1. Make your company page a lead generation resource
Linkedin’s Company Page can serve a valuable purpose by providing visitors with valuable information about your business. It provides an opportunity to showcase a company’s products, services, and values.
The following tips will show you how:
- Share key information about your products and services or upcoming events on your company page as well as your blog or website.
- Ask for feedback on topics of interest to potential customers through links or by asking questions in the comment sections or LinkedIn discussion groups
- Use forums and blogs to share your content
- Promote your content by using organic and paid means.
2. Use Advanced Search
The advanced search section on LinkedIn allows you to take your search much further than just a name and company.
You can create highly targeted searches for people with different skillsets, interests and backgrounds. With LinkedIn’s advanced search, you can identify exactly the type of person you are looking for. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Start by entering a search term in the “search bar”
- Next, click on the “people” tab
- After that, click on your specific geography or industry
- You can then perform detailed searches by including keywords in your search
- If you want to narrow down the results list even further, click on “more options” and select “anywhere” under “search within these fields”.
You will have a greater chance of finding warm prospects when you have a broad and better network. Though LinkedIn’s advanced search allows you to search the network as a whole, the best leads will come from those to whom you are already connected at the first, second, or third levels.
3. Join groups and stay active
Being a member of LinkedIn groups is an important means of staying in touch with your industry and establishing new relationships.
The more LinkedIn groups you join, the more likely you’ll stay connected with other industry professionals and receive updates on relevant news. In order to stay active in LinkedIn groups, you may do the following:
- Post relevant content to the group.
- Engaging with other members of the group.
- Sharing content that you find interesting with the group.
- Responding to other group members’ posts.
- Commenting on posts from other members in the group.
4. Try LinkedIn Ads
LinkedIn Ads can be a great way to grow your business. These ads can help you build credibility as well as increase brand awareness and reach prospects more easily! In terms of lead generation, it provides marketers with a variety of options. The most commonly used advertising formats are as follows:
(i) LinkedIn Video Ads
LinkedIn Videos Ads appear automatically in users’ feeds. In addition to increasing engagement, it is also a good way to increase the number of views of your content.
(ii) Sponsored InMail
Through Sponsored InMail’s private messaging system, you can create personalized messages for the audience. Your content is more likely to reach the target audience directly.
(iii) Sponsored Content
The Sponsored Content on LinkedIn is a form of native advertising. There is a regular post that the publisher boosts with advertising budget.
(iv) Text Ads
The text ads display at the top or right side of users’ feeds and are made up of short text and an optional image. They are usually used to drive lead generation and promote specific products.
5. Develop and publish business-related content
Publishing relevant content on LinkedIn is the best way to inform your followers and other businesses about your product and services. According to Hubspot, businesses that are actively publishing content on LinkedIn have seen more than 75% increases in traffic and conversions than those who don’t.
- Your communication should be personal and sound like you are talking to the reader directly.
- Consider your readers’ viewpoints by answering some questions they might ask.
- Use keywords and tags that are relevant to your business when posting content to LinkedIn.
6. Write Articles with accurate hashtags
An article is a great way to share information about your product or service with other businesses. This is one of the most efficient ways to generate inbound leads because it is easy for users to share and create links. However, when posting articles on Linkedin, make sure the content is linking with relevant and accurate hashtags. During the preparation of the article, make sure that:
- Articles should be based on industry-related news or trends and be relevant to the business.
- Instead of being promotional, it should be informative.
- Try to avoid jargon and complex phrases if possible.
7. Plan a schedule for posting
While posting on LinkedIn, plan and track your efforts and ensure that your content reaches the right audience at the right time. The ideal balance for maintaining your network connections is 3 – 4 status updates per week, and 1 – 2 long-form posts per month. Additionally, the time of the presentation is crucial, as it varies according to the time zone of the audience you wish to reach. For this keep in mind the following things.
- While creating your schedule, consider when your target audience is most likely to be online and active.
- Determine what types of content they are likely to be interested in.
- Use visuals such as images, videos, or infographics to grab the attention of viewers.
8. Collect data without a landing page using lead generation forms
For B2B marketing, businesses should consider using LinkedIn’s lead generation form rather than using website traffic alone.
They can create customizable forms that can be embedded directly into their LinkedIn profiles and help to drive relevant contact information from them.
- With a lead generation form, companies can easily collect contact information from individuals who have expressed interest in their product or service.
- Marketers will be able to nurture leads and build relationships with prospective customers more easily.
- Provides valuable insights into the demographics and interests of your target audience.
It does not matter whether you have a small or large business, LinkedIn is the most convenient way for you to conduct business with others. In terms of B2B marketing, it is an excellent resource, but without the right knowledge, it may become just another time-consuming social media site. The above tips will assist you in getting started quickly and promoting your business to professionals who are interested in a right way.
Accordingly, identify your business and determine which LinkedIn marketing strategy is most effective for your B2B marketing.